Experienced Southern California Attorney Focused on Business Formation, Contracts and Trials
- Struggling to make time to address your legal problem?
- Frustrated trying to figure out what your rights are in a situation?
- Overwhelmed by the thought of having to deal with a legal issue or lawyers?
Our firm focuses on disputes in business law and family law. I have 24 years of experience, I am a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and have the highest rating for legal skill and ethical conduct from the two most popular attorney rating sites–avvo.com and martindale.com. See the ratings from avvo here and from martindale here. I am was Chairman of the Intellectual Property Section of the Beverly Hills Bar Association for three years and a member of the Family Law, Employment and Litigation sections.
Here is how my firm differs from our competition,and here are the reasons you should hire us.
- Lawyer accessibility
- Unique approach to pricing and case preparation
- Substantial experience
Accessibility: Most law firms have a layer of personnel between the attorney and the clients. Clients who have switched to our firm from another have told us that attorney inaccessibility was their major problem (with expense and performance being numbers two and three). At our firm when clients have substantive questions, they speak directly with attorney responsible.
Unique Approach: With respect to transactional matters our experience allows us to perform most matters for a flat rate within a predictable and short period of time. When business owners know the cost upfront and know how long it will take to accomplish the tasks it simplifies their decision making.
We prepare every litigation matter as if it will be presented to a jury. Since most cases settle, average lawyers never think about trial until it is almost upon them. We start every case by looking at the jury instructions that will govern the trial and we use the instructions to help draft our pleadings. Everything we do is geared toward convincing the jury to find in favor of our client. By preparing for trial, we help ensure the best possible settlements in those matters that are resolved outside of court.
Winning Trial Experience: I have won multi-million dollar verdicts at trial. (See more below). At trial, we present an understandable,plausible theme of the case. We use audio/visual presentations that help the jury understand the facts and relevant law and reinforce our client’s theme. We show the jury why they should return a verdict for our client. Sounds simple,but it takes years of experience to perfect.
In August of this year I obtained a settlement for my client in a family law dispute that was $500,000.00 higher than the original offer.
In August of 2013,I received a judgment of over $120,000 on behalf of a corporate client in a contract dispute in a case in Los Angeles County Superior Court
In October of 2010 after a 30 day trial I won a 3.4 million dollar jury verdict in a fraud case on behalf of the City of Compton. Read the LA Times Article about the case here.
On July 11, 2011 I received a $438,000 verdict in a trial in Long Beach concerning a contract dispute.
I am a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum which are two of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts. There are over 4000 members throughout the country. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
The average civil case takes about a year to resolve. In many cases much of what lawyers do in that year has no impact on what happens in the trial and does not contribute to settlement. Some of the work is important–discovery reveals the evidence,and motions can narrow the issues. But a large portion of the work is actually driven by law firm economics. Lawyers, particularly those hired by large companies and insurance companies, do unnecessary work in order to bill for it. Many lawyers are more focused on billing than on winning. My firm is different. We are focused on winning. We do everything necessary, and nothing that is not.
For Transactions We Quote Flat Fees Up Front Without Obligation
While we strive to offer flat fees to those litigation clients who desire it, we always offer flat fees for non-litigation services. For example: contract drafting, entity formation, taxation issues. We offer free consultations and we’ll tell you how long it’s going to take to do what you want and how much it’s going to cost.
Business Disputes, Litigation,Trials, Depositions, Arbitration, Business Entity Formation, Incorporation, LLCs, Contracts, Employment Handbooks, Discrimination, Corporate Minutes, Website Disputes, Copyright, Trademark, Fraud, Qui Tam, Unfair Competition, False Advertising, Business Code 17200, Franchising
I have been featured in the Los Angeles Times, the Los Angeles Daily Journal and in the Hollywood Weekly. I have written a number of articles on legal topics including:
- Child Custody Amounts Can Increase With A Change In Circumstances
- Will Client Die Due to Law Firm Mailroom Mishap?
- Why Hiring the Biggest Law Firm You Can Afford Can Lead To Disaster
- Five Steps Businesses Can Take To Minimize The Cost of Litigation
- Discrimination In California–What It Takes To Win
- Someone Has Copied My Website,What Can I Do?
- Protect Your Website–Gain Control of Copycat Sites Without Going to Court
- What is ‘Fair Use’of Copyrighted Material in Cyberspace
- Trademark Infringement–The Eight Factor Test Courts Use to Determine Customer Confusion
- Is Justice Delayed Justice Denied? How Overcrowded Courts Affects Consumers
- What Really Happens in an Injury Lawsuit in California
- Five Steps to Ensure You Receive Fair Compensation in an Injury Lawsuit
- Wage and Hour Claims in California
- Overtime Exemptions:Facts and Falsehoods
- Are Penalties Enough? California Courts Strike Punitives in Wage and Hour Cases
- Hiring Employees–Seven Mistakes Employers and Applicants Should Know
Legal Education and Ratings
- Rated 5.0/5.0 for ethics and legal skill by Martindale.com.
- Rated 10.0 for experience, industry recognition and professional conduct by Avvo.com.
- Admitted to practice before all the courts of the State of California and the U.S. Federal Courts for the Eastern, Northern and Central Districts of California.
- Educated at The University of Tennessee, King’s College of Law in London, and Emory University School of Law in Atlanta, Georgia.
In addition to those mentioned above I am a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Employment Law Section, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the Southern California Consumers Attorney Association and the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce. I serve as a Trial Settlement Officer for The Los Angeles County Superior Court, and I have been a volunteer attorney with HALSA – the Los Angeles HIV AIDS Legal Services Association – for ten years.